General Position Description: Project Technical Support Specialist is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering projects of varying size and complexity. Is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of a Project Manager (PM) & Operations Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Attend to the internal kick off meeting of Projects in order to understand the technical aspects of the Project, validate the solution design, ID risks, and how to overcome in order to ensure the success of the Project implementation.
• As request, Track and follow up project deliverables Service Orders (CHR).
• Responsible for the validation of features and special programing requested by the customer during the integration.
• Manage integration trainings to new PBX/Hosted PBX telephone end users, including the development of training materials, and trainings to the Customer’s Network Administrator.
• Validate the data submitted in the Project, including features, lines, extensions, business rules, and functionalities, including the acceptance tests with the Customer.
• Perform Troubleshooting on voice and data solutions when need it during project deployment, or 30 days period of guarantee.
• Manage the implementation of projects, when need it.
• Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
• Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
• Assist SIM Technicians and Contractors on technical situations, such as configuration and troubleshooting of new integration of Layer II & III, such as routing protocol, VLAN configuration, Bridge Configuration, Web Filtering, Firewalls Parameters, TCP & UDP protocol, etc. on a daily basis.
• Coordinate the Technical Activities of Project Integrations.
• Manage special configurations, such as, BGP, Advanced Port Forwarding, OSPF configurations.
• Troubleshooting and Technical Support of IPBX and Hosted PBX.
• Manage configuration, integration, and technical support of Forti Gates.
• Complete configuration in the MetaSwitch of hosted PBX Projects.
• Complete installations of basic services when need it.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associated Degree in Technical areas and four years of related experience; or equivalent experience and training in Networking, IP PBX project integration; knowledge on hosted platform or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experience in advanced networking and voice solutions.
• Experience in people management.
• Experience in strategic planning.
• Experience in Training to end users.
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
• Work under pressure.
Job Type: Full-time.